Let’s face it, we are busy and could use some easy to access tools that would make building relationships in class easier. We have you covered! Here are some resources and book recommendations that can be used to increase engagement, improve relationships, and help supplement and support any CharacterStrong program on your campus.
Most of these items can be found on Amazon for a decent price and we've linked to those so you can find them easily. We recommend asking your administrator or department head if these could be purchased out of your department or building budget.
30+ Activities That Any Educator Can Lead
Perfect for the start of the school year, as a classroom energizers, or for students to use in their own peer to peer programs.
Recommended Tools For Hands-On Activities
These tools are used through the CharacterStrong Curricula and would be great to have on hand for any leadership program or classroom who wants to get more hands-on!
- Poly Spots
- Webbing Loop
- Learn more about webbing loops here.
- We cut our webbing loops to 16ft. Anything between 14-16ft is perfect. REI can cut them for you if you call ahead.
- 6-8 Hula Hoops
- 30 ft. Rope
- You can also go to the local hardware store and just pull 30 feet of rope)
- Small stuffed animals
- 30-40 bandanas
- 2 sets of cones
The Ultimate Servant-Leadership Reading List
A mix of time-tested works along with more recent research around the topic of servant-leadership.
- The Servant - James C. Hunter
- The World’s Most Powerful Leadership Principle - James C. Hunter
- The Amazing Law of Influence - King Duncan
- The Conversation Piece 2 - Bret Nicholaus
- Grit - Angela Duckworth
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success - Carol Dweck
- InsideOut Coaching: How Sports Can Transform Lives - Joe Ehrmann
- Daring Greatly - Brene Brown
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team - Patrick Lencioni
- The Book of Raccoon Circles - Jim Cain and Dr. Tom Smith
- The Carpenter - Jon Gordon
- Rising Strong - Brene Brown
- The Leadership Challenge - Kouzes & Posner
- Character Compass - Scott Seider
- Good to Great - Jim Collins
- No Props - Mark Collard
- Start with Why - Simon Sinek
- Quiet - Susan Cain
- The Leader in Me - Stephen Covey
- Emotional Intelligence 2.0 - Bradberry & Greaves
- The Emotionally Intelligent Team - Hughes & Terrell
- Becoming a Person of Influence - John C. Maxwell
- Leaders Eat Last - Simon Sinek
- team building
The CharacterStrong Team is a partnership of educators, speakers, and students who believe in creating sustainable change in schools and helping young people develop the skills of service, kindness, and empathy.