Tony Robbins explains what it takes to become a leader. Within this clip, he addresses the distinction between the motive to serve people and serving ourselves. Motive does matter.
- “The person who thinks they’re going to lead by demand or by position can only lead for a short period of time.” How can we lead people for the long-term?
- How does Robbins describe the relation between serving more and gaining more insight?
- Why is it important to be motivated by love and by the want to give to others?
- How does it feel to be around someone who’s motive it true?
- How could you work to become that kind of person?
Houston Kraft is the co-founder of CharacterStrong. He is a professional speaker and kindness advocate who has spoken at over 600 events internationally. Student Body President in High School, Class President at Bowdoin College, Leadership Camp Staff for 14 years in Washington - he is a lifelong learner of character, culture, kindness, and leadership. He was featured in 2019 on BBQ Lays Potato Chips and his mom's lasting life lesson is "Hug like you mean it."